California Landscaping Projects
We design in all 50 states and Canada.Start Designing
Santa Rosa, CA
Enveloped in a tapestry of lush greenery, this hot tub effortlessly melds into the surrounding naturalistic garden, creating a serene retreat.
An elevated outdoor experience with a playscape, seamlessly integrated with a fantatstic patio for entertaining. Nestle up to the outdoor bar for a great evening.
Crafted for gatherings, this outdoor haven boasts a concrete garden wall, with lush flowers, shrubs and trees. With outdoor rugs beneath the living spaces, these areas truly feel like cozy outdoor rooms.
San Diego, CA
This small backyard was transformed for unusable to an oasis with a kids playspace, fire pit area, entertaining area, vegetable garden, lawn space and more!
Los Angeles, CA
Cascading hues come alive on this Los Angeles hillside, where vivid landscaping transforms a slope into a burst of color and natural beauty.
A pergola for shade with flowering vines overhead of a portable fire pit with lounge chairs. Simple grasses and flowers create a border from the rest of the yard.
A bocce court is a great addition for a large backyard - but can also be dimensioned for a small backyard. Simple grasses along the court give a polished feel in this design.
This low maintenance corner design has great curb appeal and pops of color. Sometimes a simplistic design creates the best front entry vibes.
Tuscany meets California in this backyard design. This romantic cottage design includes climbing roses and jasmine vines on the wooden pergola and trellis around the pool sitting area.
Los Angeles, CA
A front yard white picket fence completes this charming landscape design. A mature flowering tree is a center piece that anchors the design in place.
Culver City, CA
A fantastic plunge pool surrounded by terra cotta tiles is a great fit in this small backyard. A garden wall with mosaic tiles finishes off the laid back Cali feel of this outdoor space.
Culver City, CA
A modern landscaped deck next to a pool house maximizes this home's backyard. Lush plantings along a high fence create a soft look in this small backyard.
This house removes grass and replaces it with native plants to minimize the lawn maintenance and provide sustenance for local wildlife!
Los Angeles, CA
A small backyard design that creates privacy from close neighbors. There's room for a lounge and dining area in the shade as well as container gardens in the corner.
Van Nuys, CA
Effortless charm meets California cool in this low maintenance front yard, offering a simple yet refreshingly inviting curb appeal that captures the essence of a laid-back vibe.
San Gabriel, CA
A classic front yard landscaping concept for this California bungalow.
Los Angeles, CA
A xeriscape design for low water maintenance and easy upkeep curb appeal. This ensures a sustainable and vibrant outdoor space for years to come.
A functional Southwestern style patio design will extend this homes indoor outdoor living. The outdoor fire place is set into the garden wall for a fresh and consistent look.
La Canada Flintridge, CA
Tropical modern landscaping for a fantastic modern house. We love the pop of colors at the entry and the classic shrubs and greenery.
La Habra, CA
A backyard landscape design with flagstone pavers and multiple entertaining areas. The backyard shed has pavers around it to make it accessible and apart of the new landscape design.
A simple backyard design with a small outdoor kitchen prep area. The arborvitae trees are a great natural privacy wall to separate from neighbors.
A vertical garden is a great way to maximize a side yard space. This design has a new lounge seating area in an area that was previously unused.
Are you in need of yard updates?
If you are looking to create a beautiful yard and outdoor living space, we can help! From updating curb appeal to entire backyard renovations, our talented landscape design team can handle a project of any size.
What types of projects and issues do we commonly address?
- Updating a front yard for more curb appeal! This can simply be redesigning flower beds or reworking the entry sidewalk and privacy needs of a client.
- Improve a backyard entertaining space. Whether you need a better flow, more color in a garden bed, a new deck or patio, an outdoor kitchen or bar, we can tackle it. If you are looking at adding a pool, a fire pit nook, landscaping around an above ground pool or hot tub, or want to add a pergola for shade, our landscape team can create a cohesive plan that meets all your goals.
- Solve a problem. We can help solve a problem through smart landscaping. Shield you from a neighbor, get creative with a slope, think of budget friendly design solutions or maximize a small yard.
- Reimagining the side of your house. Side yards can be lost in the shuffle, but we can help you turn your side yard into a functional landscape that acts as a storage area, a creative play space for kids, an herb garden, or a pretty view from your kitchen window.
- Create a sustainable design. Whether you are looking to add native plants and help local wildlife, focus on drought tolerant plantings, design a beautiful rock garden or switchover from turf grass to ground cover ~ our design team prioritizes sustainability and creating low maintenance designs to better the planet and lower your lawn care budget.
We know gardening and landscaping can be intimidating and that's why we have a team of professionals ready to help you embark on your project with a landscape plan you can follow and phase over time. From selecting the right plants and maintenance for your climate and garden style, to choosing the perfect location for a new deck, our team helps with all aspects of outdoor design.
How does Tilly work?
Tilly’s easy online landscape design process has been embraced by homeowners across the country and in Canada. Tilly breaks packages into the Front Yard, Backyard or your Full Yard. We match you with a professional landscape designer who is familiar with your region to create the perfect custom plan for your outdoor space.
To start our process you’ll fill out a questionnaire about your property that helps our design team understand your goals, needs and existing landscape. You can add 3d renders, lighting plans or side yards to your design package. You’ll then meet with your designer on a video call, show them your space and discuss your priorities. Tilly also offers individual DIY projects, including a DIY Garden Bed if you aren’t ready to tackle your entire yard.
Whether you are just looking to add some curb appeal or transform your entire backyard - we have a team for you!
Want to browse more Tilly projects?