Illinois Landscape Design Projects
We design in all 50 states and Canada.Start Designing
Orland Park, IL
An easy and budget friendly landscape idea is placing a fire pit on crushed stone. Around this fire pit are raised veggie beds and a wood deck off the house.
Burr Ridge, IL
This new two level bluestone patio and backyard are surrounded by Emerald Green Arborvitae, Black Eyed Susan, Catmint, and other colorful plants.
Two Maples flank either side of a new patio and create a great cottage garden style. This classic brick patio is perfect for entertaining in the beautiful Chicago summers.
This client wanted colorful curb appeal. A pollinator friendly paradise with creeping phlox and many perennials line this long driveway and achieve that goal.
New Lenox, IL
This large backyard was designed around many existing elements with recommendations to transplant existing shrubs and trees for a more budget friendly landscape plan.
New Lenox, IL
This Chicago suburban home has evergreens to give structure to the entry and provide green all year. The front foundation plants are layered and welcoming.
This small backyard design offers tons of color - with Helleborus orientalis, Rhododendron, blue Hibuscus, and Pinky Winky hydrangea! The beautiful varieties of flowers in this backyard against the lawn, patio and deck is perfect!
Going vertical is a great way to add greenery to a small backyard. Details like this help a yard stand out and give personality to the space in a creative way.
This yard is complete with a large patio with a grill, fire pit and outdoor lounge. New trees and additional privacy features were added to this backyard landscape design.
Glenn Ellyn, IL
This eclectic classic style is achieved through perennials such as Salvia, Lily Turf, and Allium and evergreens such as Compact Inkberry, Emerald Green Arborvitae, and Cherry Laurel.
A beautiful in ground pool, lounge chairs, built in fire place, outdoor kitchen, outdoor bar area and much more make this backyard the perfect, relaxing oasis.
This backyard entertaining area is extended with concrete pavers set into the grass. This home has a grill, backyard bar, dining area, and a sports court on the side!
The new remodeled curved flagstone walkway adds shape and movement to the front curb appeal. The design includes evergreens, shrubs, annuals and perennials for year round interest.
Are you in need of yard updates?
If you are looking to create a beautiful yard and outdoor living space, we can help! From updating curb appeal to entire backyard renovations, our talented landscape design team can handle a project of any size.
What types of projects and issues do we commonly address?
- Updating a front yard for more curb appeal! This can simply be redesigning flower beds or reworking the entry sidewalk and privacy needs of a client.
- Improve a backyard entertaining space. Whether you need a better flow, more color in a garden bed, a new deck or patio, an outdoor kitchen or bar, we can tackle it. If you are looking at adding a pool, a fire pit nook, landscaping around an above ground pool or hot tub, or want to add a pergola for shade, our landscape team can create a cohesive plan that meets all your goals.
- Solve a problem. We can help solve a problem through smart landscaping. Shield you from a neighbor, get creative with a slope, think of budget friendly design solutions or maximize a small yard.
- Reimagining the side of your house. Side yards can be lost in the shuffle, but we can help you turn your side yard into a functional landscape that acts as a storage area, a creative play space for kids, an herb garden, or a pretty view from your kitchen window.
- Create a sustainable design. Whether you are looking to add native plants and help local wildlife, focus on drought tolerant plantings, design a beautiful rock garden or switchover from turf grass to ground cover ~ our design team prioritizes sustainability and creating low maintenance designs to better the planet and lower your lawn care budget.
We know gardening and landscaping can be intimidating and that's why we have a team of professionals ready to help you embark on your project with a landscape plan you can follow and phase over time. From selecting the right plants and maintenance for your climate and garden style, to choosing the perfect location for a new deck, our team helps with all aspects of outdoor design.
How does Tilly work?
Tilly’s easy online landscape design process has been embraced by homeowners across the country and in Canada. Tilly breaks packages into the Front Yard, Backyard or your Full Yard. We match you with a professional landscape designer who is familiar with your region to create the perfect custom plan for your outdoor space.
To start our process you’ll fill out a questionnaire about your property that helps our design team understand your goals, needs and existing landscape. You can add 3d renders, lighting plans or side yards to your design package. You’ll then meet with your designer on a video call, show them your space and discuss your priorities. Tilly also offers individual DIY projects, including a DIY Garden Bed if you aren’t ready to tackle your entire yard.
Whether you are just looking to add some curb appeal or transform your entire backyard - we have a team for you!
Want to browse more Tilly projects?